Yes indeed! Mass deployment of inSync Client in a non-AD/LDAP environment was a major feature released in inSync 5.9 release. You can perform mass deployment of inSync Client in a non-AD/LDAP environment only on Mac and Windows devices.
To perform mass deployment in a non-AD/LDAP environment, users must exist on inSync Management Console as the method used for mass deployment traces checks for authorized users before installing inSync Client on the user device. Moreover, inSync also ensures that users connect and perform backups only using authorized devices through a device map file.
Mass deployment in non-AD/LDAP environment involves the followings steps:
- Create a device map .csv file.
- Import the device map .csv file on inSync Management Console.
- Generate New Mass Deployment token.
- Run the IMD command using the mass deployment token on devices listed in the device map .csv file.
- Verify device mapping on inSync Management Console.
Detailed procedure on how to perform mass deployment is available on the following inSync documentation page, please follow the instructions for your deployment: