Active AnnouncementsBack to Announcements Page
In keeping with the high standards of user experience, the Phoenix Cloud Update scheduled on May 15, 2017, provides administrators an intuitive, consistent, and improved first-user experience on the Phoenix Management Console.
The key UI enhancements are as follows:
* Site references on the Phoenix Management Console are renamed to Organization. Administrators generally associated the word site with geographical location instead of an access-based control mechanism for strict partitioning of entities such as servers, server groups, backup policies and so on, resulting in the incorrect configurations. To avoid location connotation that is associated with sites, Site is renamed to Organization as shown below:
- Site is renamed to Organization
- Sites is renamed to Organizations
- Site administrator is renamed to Organization administrator
* Improved Global and Organization dashboards. The Summary tab on the Global and Organization dashboards introduces the Total Snapshots field to provide statistics of the committed Restore Points. With a single-click on the statistics displayed on graphs and maps, administrators can now view detailed configuration information about servers, virtual machines, and so on. Administrators no longer need to navigate through multiple pages to view configuration details.
* Enhanced first-time landing pages for Organization, Servers, VMware, CloudCache, and Disaster Recovery. These first-time landing pages will now display enhanced workflow diagrams to help administrators understand the Phoenix components.
* Administrators can now sort jobs, configured servers, configured virtual machines, and alerts based on job ID, start time, job status, last backup status, and so on.
* Administrators can now hover on the error codes on the Jobs page and directly view error messages.
For detailed information about the User Interface enhancements, refer to Phoenix User Interface Enhancements.
Links to detailed documentation for new features and enhancements will be available in the Release Notes at the time of the release.